Porcelain tile is one of the most durable, long-lasting flooring materials available. Here are some tips to keep tile floors looking new:
- Use door mats to prevent dirt from being tracked onto the floor.
- Clean up spills as soon as possible.
- Vacuum or sweep with a dry dust mop to remove any loose dirt, pet hair or other surface debris.
- Lightly damp mop the floor with clean, warm water for routine maintenance. If a more thorough cleaning is required, use a mild pH neutral cleaner.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Do not allow dirty water or cleaner to dry on the tile or in the grout joints.
- For heavily soiled areas, use a tile cleaner and scrub with a nylon pad or bristle brush if needed.
- Do not use acidic, oily or abrasive cleaners, ammonia, bleach, or wax.